By submitting an abstract to the EWRI LID Conference 2023, you acknowledge that you understand that:
- You are available to present in person (no virtual) at any time that the conference staff assigns your presentation (Monday, August 6 – Wednesday, August 8, 2023). This conference will take place in person in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- It is mandatory that you register and pay for the conference by Wednesday, March 15, 2023.
- Please note: Should an author submit their final paper but fail to register by the deadline, the unregistered paper will be removed from the conference program and proceedings.
- Authors wishing to publish a final papers in the conference proceedings will need to submit the paper by Wednesday, January 25, 2023. Paper submission is not mandatory.
- ASCE will not pay for your travel or other expenses.
- You have obtained permission and funding from your agency/company to make this presentation, including registration and affiliated travel (if applicable).
- You have applied for your international travel paperwork in advance to obtain international travel permissions (if applicable).
- Please note: Visa appointments can take up to 6 months, so please do not wait to start this process. An international letter of invitation will not be sent until you have registered and paid for the conference. Visit the for international travel page for more information.
- In order to submit a co-author of your presentation the following will be needed (name, email, profile headshot, short biography and company name). You will not be able to submit your abstract without this information.
Topical Sessions and Tracks Requested for the EWRI LID Conference 2023
When submitting your abstract, you will be asked what track/category your abstract topic most closely fits. Below is a list of sessions that we intend to develop by grouping similar topical abstracts. Please view this list prior to submitting your abstract, so you can properly determine which track you would like your abstract to be considered for.
- USA Region-Specific GSI/LID Applications
- Pacific Rim, Canada, and International Applications
- Co-benefits: Urban Ecosystem Services, Economic Development, Public Health, & Workforce Development
- Economics, Funding, & Life-cycle Analysis
- Visionary, Unconventional, Innovative Built & Non-built Projects
- Watershed and Large-scale Applications
- Climate Adaptation and Resiliency
- Policies and Regulations
- Modeling and Assessments
- Equity and Engagement Strategies
- Integrated Water Management
- Innovative LID Outreach and Educational Programming
- Innovative Multi-disciplinary Collaborations
Abstracts Due: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 11:59 pm EST *** Now Extended ***
Abstracts must be:
- The abstract must be written in the best possible technical and grammatical English.
- The abstract should consist of one paragraph of about 250 words.
- Abstracts cannot include lists, tables, figures, display equations, footnotes, or references.
- The abstract should present a concise statement of the scope, principal findings, and conclusions of the author's work.
- Your own scientific, technical or project work but not literature review.
- No more than 2 submissions per person (as the presenter)
Only people who have significantly contributed to the research, project, or manuscript preparation should be listed as co-authors.
Abstracts must NOT be:
- ASCE requires that conference proceedings papers be original, unpublished work.
- Commercial or promotional
- ASCE/EWRI membership is encouraged, but not required for submission.
ASCE does not publish abstract-only submissions or slide presentations in conference proceedings.
Final Paper Guidelines
Final Paper Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:59 pm EST *** Now Extended ***
- Final paper length is limited to 15 pages including the abstract, text, photos, and graphics.
- Final papers must be at least 5 pages in length (excluding references) for inclusion in the published proceedings
- Authors whose abstracts and/or final papers are selected for inclusion in the technical program will be required to register for the EWRI Congress at the appropriate fee, attend the conference, and make their presentations in person.
- Final paper submission is optional
- Do not wait to start writing your paper.
- Each paper must be accompanied by an ASCE Authorship Originality and Copyright Transfer Agreement signed by one author on behalf of all the authors. This will be completed when submitting the final paper in Morressier (the speaker management system).
- A proceedings paper consists of a title; an author byline and affiliation(s); an abstract; the text with optional tables, figures, and mathematics; a conclusion; and references. Acknowledgments, appendixes, and notations are optional.
- Use 12-point type for text, captions, and author contact information. For type within figures or tables, the 12-point size is preferred. ASCE Publications recommends selecting a serif text font such as Times Roman. Italics, bold, and bold italics may be used; using only one “family” of typefaces yields the cleanest results.
- Do not put any information in the header. The only acceptable content in the footer is a single page number.
- All text must be single-spaced. Page design should be consistent throughout the paper. Margins should be 1 inch (25.4 mm) on all sides, and all elements (text, figures, tables, captions) must fit within those margins.
- All graphics (photos, line art, graphs, charts, tables, etc.) must be included electronically (embedded) within the document and fit within the margin settings.
- Illustrations should be single-numbered consecutively as they are presented (Figure 1, Figure 2, etc., and Table 1, Table 2, etc.). Each figure should be mentioned in the text or “called out.” Do not use field codes or any other internal links—they may cause error messages in the text.
- Figures may be placed in the text or in a “gallery” at the end of the paper. More than one figure may appear on a page. Do not wrap text around the figure, even to save space. Portrait orientation is preferred; landscape-orientated figures and tables may be altered to fit.
- A descriptive caption, including figure number, should be placed directly below the illustration (see Figure 1). A descriptive legend, including table number, should be placed immediately above the table.
- The paper must be written in the best possible technical and grammatical English.
- All mathematics must be embedded in the text. Equations need to be numbered only if they are referred to more than once. If numbering is necessary, equations should be single-numbered consecutively as they are presented (Eq. 1, Eq. 2, etc.). More information on mathematics style is available online.
- ASCE encourages the use of SI units. For more information about SI units, visit the Web sites of the U.S. Metric Association (USMA), Inc. or the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) or consult the book Metric Units in Engineering: Going SI.
- Please download the formatting instructions paper sample.
- Abstracts Due: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 11:59 pm EST *** Now Extended ***
- Final Paper Deadline: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 11:59 pm EST
- Speaker/Author Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:59 pm EST
Should an author submit their final paper but fail to register by the deadline, the unregistered paper will be removed from the conference program and proceedings.
If you intend to submit only an abstract for presentation at the conference, you are still required to register and pay by this date.
Speaker/author and moderator registration fees are non-refundable after Wednesday, March 15, 2023, due to the necessary advance production of the proceedings and the program. Exceptions may only be made for illness or emergency if the request is made in writing and accompanied by a doctor's note and/or similar official documentation stating the emergency and person's name. The subsequent refund will be discussed post-conference by EWRI management, and if the refund is approved, it will be made minus a $250.00 processing fee. To submit a cancellation request, please contact ASCE Customer Service at [email protected].